Monday, June 9, 2008

Father's Day Fiasco!

Sometimes in this fast paced world of calenders, blackberries and daytimers I wonder if we're all losing it.....
I know I am! Here's what happened this weekend.
Things have been fairly hectic with work, kids, and the social calender and when things get like this I often walk around with a sick feeling that I'm forgetting something. On Saturday while shopping for some summer clothes for my daughter Claire I noticed the Father's Day signs at the mall.
Wham! Holy shit ! I almost forgot Father's Day! ( I think to myself as I silently pat myself on the back for actually remembering) Claire and I traipse off to the Hallmark store for the perfect cards and then we buy the perfect set of beer mugs.
I have to work early in the morning so Claire has it all planned to let Kevin sleep in while she and Nathan make him breakfast in bed. Upon my return from work we'll sit him on the couch and present him with the cards and gift.
Well Father's Day went smoothly and without a hitch........yesterday.......a week early!!!!!
We all believed it was Father's Day....even Kevin !!! Later that day it was Claire who said,"Mom, isn't Father's Day on the 15th or 16th or something?"

We all burst out laughing and Kevin seems pleased at the idea of a replay next Sunday!!

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I personally think you're Edmonton's version of "I love Lucy".