Friday, August 29, 2008

It's NOT a tooma!

Phew! I had a CT on Wednesday and an appointment with a neurologist yesterday and the neurologist is 98% sure I have BPV. .........

Why do they do that? All these initials?
MI, STD, BPV, IV.............geesh!
I'm a nurse and I have to admit even I wasn't too sure what BPV was.....at first all panicky that it was an STD or some sort of CVA or latent symptoms from the MVA I had a few years back. So I asked him about the CT and he mumbled " it was normal" , almost with a "pfft, relax!" tone of voice.

Relax????? Buddy, I had brain tumor on the brain for 2 1/2 weeks!! I have to admit though that I had a few really good scenarios going through my head....kinda of similar to "Beaches" or "Terms of Endearment". Ya, in my little "mind movies" people were really, really nice to me and some were soooooo sorry for how they treated me in the past!! In one I went to Greece with a bunch of girlfriends......my hubby and kids were looked after by the whole community while I was gone so I needn't worry.

So really I guess despite thinking I had a brain tumor I'm a positive thinker. Never in my brain tumor mind movies was I actually very sick ( nor did I look sick other than the 20lbs I lost which is actually a good thing, I looked great!). I mean, I went to Greece with a bunch of girlfriends and sang the entire Mama Mia soundtrack running up and down cliffs! I gave speeches at schools about living life to the fullest. I was busy helping my fellow nurses on the chemo ward ( a model patient). Never was I sick, in pain or looking anything but the best! So ya, I was a positive thinker. I WAS scared but didn't let my fear get the best of me!

So what's BPV you ask? It's Benign Positional Vertigo cause by some particles moving around my inner ear that aren't supposed to be moving around that part of my inner ear. Those particles are telling my brain that I'm spinning when all I'm actually doing is lying down trying to sleep, or tilting my head really far to the side while trying to read titles of books in a library......when that happens I grab my husband so I don't fall off the rapidly spinning bed or I grab at the book shelf, toppling over several books annoying the librarian and embarrassing my kids .

So that he's 100% sure I am booked for an MRI in a couple of weeks. What else could it be?????? CVA? MS? IIP? HPV? hee hee hee.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're nuts - you know that, don't you? You're absolutely, without a doubt, a freaking nutjob... singing Mama Mia on the cliffs in Greece??

Mika Ryan said...

Thank god it's not just me who has these kinds of day dreams. The trick is to never let them catch you mouthing the words or breaking into dance, families tend to use it for years. I'm really happy to hear your okay, just a little dizzy.

Maggy and Me - said...

I'm glad to hear you're just dizzy too! :)

Tyra said...

I actually can't believe I'm not in your blog this time! Ms. T came back with a vengance, Dil, I REALLY expected at least a few sentences of bashing! :)

I, too, am glad that you don't have a tooma. If you don't mind, I will keep your condition in my prayers. My mother suffers from vertigo and she always tells me it's just awful! I can only relate to having drank too much, lying in bed, watching the room spin and needing to vomit. The absolute worst!

Blessings.

Ms. T

Unknown said...

Hi,

This is the assistant editor for Hospital.com which is a medical publication offering hospital news, information and reviews. We also cover a wide variety of medical issues, one of which being Children's Health and the importance of choosing the right hospital. You will notice articles on this topic under Children's tab. If possible I would like Hospital.com to be included within your blog roll, offering our information as a resource to your readers. Please let me know if this addition can be made.

Please email me back with your URL in subject line to take a step ahead and to avoid spam.

Thank you
Mary Miller,
may.hospital.com@gmail.com