Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Shopping Bag

Either I'm a hag or my daughter's impossible to shop with but the other day we almost divorced!
We went shopping for some back to school clothes. I needed a martini and a cigarette by about 11 o'clock....a.m.
She is so picky! But she can't, won't, or just refuses to tell me what she does like!
Example: Me " This is cute"
Her " Hmmm, It's ok"
Me " you don't like it?"
Her " I don't know........" walking away to another rack
Me " so, what don't you like about it"
Her " Oh, I don't know" starts looking at purses when we're supposed to be looking at shirts
Me " show me what you like"
Her " Well, I don't really know. I just have to see it"
Me " How about this?. This? This? This? This?"
Her " Sorta....."
Me " I give up"
Her " I like this" She picks out a plain black t- shirt with a saying on it. One t- shirt in the entire clothing store!
We had to bra shop too. Didn't like ANYTHING in all of La Senza girl. There are 30 bras to choose from and she didn't like one. She tried on all styles. For some odd reason it was all about comfort! Comfort!!!???? She's young. She'll learn. Bras comfortable? I couldn't do it. I couldn't tell her that bras suck! That they're rarely comfortable. ( She doesn't even know about underwires yet!)
We found one style at the Bay she liked...I bought 3!

I remember my Mom and I fighting in a clothing store. She lost it. She said "That's it! You get the family allowance cheque each month and YOU buy your own clothes!" That was when I was about 13 yrs old. I got $15/month to buy clothes and magazines and things like that. Jeans were about $15 to $20 bucks then.
I kinda stopped being picky. I wore my brothers jeans alot.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

Very, very funny.....a must read for all mothers and daughters. I still can't shop with my mom - I see her style as "early Dynasty" - and she still can't figure out what I think is cute.