Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back to School Blues

We got the blues man.....
It's back to school for my kids this week.
Don't get me wrong, I like this time of year. Kind of a " new beginnings" feeling does permeate the air and everyone's excited to see friends, see who the new kids are, see who's in their class, who isn't, who their teacher is.....
BUT....
It's also back to....
- making lunches- ugh! Just one more task at the end of a busy day.
- getting up early in the moring- ugh! My kids are finally at an age where they don't get up by internal alarm clock at 7....this summer we've been rising no earlier than 9 every monrning!
- homework- ugh! I have to agree with my daugher on this one. Her wise words " we've been working for 6 hours each day, we need a break! Especially on weekends. Weekends are for everyone to enjoy their leisure time!" I'm not looking forward to motivating that wise young lady to do her homework!
- playdates- ugh!Endless playdates and birthday parties $$$$$. The new craze of late is- get this- ( I'm talking 11 yr olds) renting a hotel for the night....one with a pool or the topper was West Edmonton Mall Fantasy Land Hotel with a theme room , wave pool etc. God!! Whatever happened to birthday parties at your house with a few games, hotdogs and a little goody bag!!!???? Or a bunch of kids renting a movie, ordering pizza and having a slumber party????
Awe, it's not all that bad. My kids are happy, smart, friendly, popular kids. They like school. Let's face it. When it's back to school time........

I MISS THEM!!!!!!

No comments: