Sunday, June 3, 2007

Questions

How do you help someone whose world has just stopped?
What do you say to someone whose pain is too deep?
How does one make sense of something that seems so senseless?
How will I know when they need my help?
How will I know when they need me to leave them alone?
WHY?

These are questions I ask myself daily- all day- as I look across the street at the home of my close friends and wonder "how are they doing right now?".
Six days ago their world stopped making sense.
It took about 30 seconds for their life to change.
The world stopped and they've gotten off for awhile.
Little J. will be missed.
One foot in front of the other. Breathe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we lose our parents we are called orphans. If our spouse dies, we become a widow or widower. But there is no word for when our child dies; that's how horrendous the loss is.

I'm so sorry for their loss.

Mika Ryan said...

Wow, how are you holding up? This must be very difficult for your whole family. Sending posive thoughts your way.