Thursday, June 28, 2007

School's Out For Summa!!

Woo-Hoo!!!! Today's the last day of school!! No more lunches to pack, no more scrambling in the morning to find a twooney for the field trip, no more fights about who gets the bathroom first, no more " Mom my boots, shoes, sandals, pants, socks don't fit and I need them for today!!!"
I love summer vacation!!! I have the luxury of working a job that affords me the flexability to work around my life. In the summer I'm home during the day with the kids and I work the odd evening, and during the school year I work when they're in school. I love having my kids around and we don't seem to get tired of each other or bored.
We roll out of bed when we wake up. Eat when we're hungry. Get dressed if we feel like it ( or someone's coming over!). We read delicious books ( no more books we HAVE to read because of projects and book reports just read what you want!) We have sleepovers in the tent in the front yard. We go on a holiday to the lake.
It's so relaxing and enjoyable. Healthy too! I can see my kids growing over the summer. They get lots of sleep, eat tons of fruit and veggies( and ice cream!), get loads of exercise and there's just no stress.
I'm excited when fall rolls around...new beginnings and all that, BUT I always feel sad when they start going to school again. I really miss them those first few weeks.
3 more hours and I get to pick them up from school and " Summertime and the livin' is easy".

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I'm with you sister, nothing better then the smell of sunscreen and sleeping in every morning. Enjoy!