Thursday, July 12, 2007

Courage

As I sit and write this my hands are trembling and my heart is skipping the odd beat.
This afternoon....in about 40 minutes and 7 seconds I am going out in public in a bathing suit!!!!
I KNOW!!!!
I'm going to an outdoor PUBLIC pool! Damn it! We spent a fortune on an above ground huge monster pool that has taken over our yard and now it seems my kids seem to miss other people or something.
It's not just any old public pool...it's the public pool that all the beautiful people go to. No old men and ladies with shower caps on. ONLY young, tiny, athletic, bikini clad, PUBLIC swimming, show offs!
I have four bathing suits and none of them are really for swimming. They're for wearing sarongs over them. My kids want me to swim and actually walk on the deck without the sarong!
We're going with another family. My neighbour ( a dad- a guy who doesn't understand) and his two kids.
Oh, I also just realized I don't have waterproof mascara! Great! I'll have jiggly legs AND small squinty eyes!
Talk to you later. I've got to go. I just might have time to shave.

2 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

You are too funny. First of all you look fabulous - not to mention that it is all about additude - in other words, own it girlfriend!
Fashion tip from Vogue - they suggest that you always buy a suite that is either one or two sizes large......much more flattering.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel - donned the suit while at Summerland last week. I went in with the attitude that no one there was looking to hire me to be on an episode of Friends, I was never going to see those people again, and it was 40 degrees in the shade! Still, I'm not sure what possessed me to purchase a muddy brown coloured suit - I looked like a walrus or worse, a piece of... nevermind.