Saturday, January 12, 2008

Can Hardly Stand it!!!

I am intolerant of intolerance!
I discovered this the other day while driving the kids to school.
It had snowed a bit and per usual the traffic was s-l-o-w.
We're driving along minding our own business and we come to an intersection. There was a car ahead of us, in the left lane ( our lane ) waiting to safely turn left ( we were going to continue straight) and the jerk off behind starts honking incessantly. Sure the poor thing in front of us could have gone a couple of times but was obviously a little nervous about crossing so was making sure she or he had plenty of time. I LOST IT!!!
" Hey you f#$ing ( I actually said frigging- kids in the car!) jerk off take a Valium!! Oh I forgot you OWN this road! Did you forget you could get into the other lane that you probably think you own? Huh? HUH?" (Kids quietly registering this for use in future when they too loose their tempers and swear and I start scolding)
No, I wasn't losing it at the car in front holding up the line....it was the impatient, intolerant, jerk off behind us that I was mad at.

I did it the other day while walking across the street too. I was walking across the intersection and there was a car waiting for me to cross. The car behind him or her was honking and gesturing. ( what? He's in a hurry so hit the damn pedestrian already!) I actually did one of those fist in the air then waving it off like why bother gestures and said quite loudly ( loud for someone who's walking by herself and not one to talk out loud to herself....usually)" I'm crossing here!! Geeze!!!"

I really can't stand impatient intolerant road ragers!
So, LAY OFF BUSTER!!!

2 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

Hmmmm, reminds me of a great bumper sticker I saw the other day. It said "I have PMS and a gun".

Anonymous said...

LOL! Been there.
In fact once I was swearing at another car because he had done something like that when my son leaned forward and said, "You know, he can't hear you, right?" I told him I thought that was a good thing.
BTW, now that I've read down the side of your blog I see we like some of the same music. I saw Genisis last summer in Rome.
I've got to quite talking to you. At the very least I should let you comment back before going on and on like this.