Monday, December 31, 2007

To resolute or not to resolute?....that is the question.

I've decided NOT to resolute this eve of the New Year.
Call me lazy, call me chicken, call me afraid of failure....call me what you will but this New Year I'm just not going to make any promises. That must be some kind of resolution.....shit....I already blew it!
I mean really, what's all this promise making for anyway? So we can let ourselves down? Oh, and we announce it to the world too! So everybody can check up on us to see if we made it a day, a week, a month.
Nope. I'm not going to change anything this year.

My extra pounds like me, they are like a faithful puppy. They follow me around where ever I go, so happy to see me, never letting me out of their sight. They have unconditional love so I'm going to keep them this year.

I'm not going to be better at anything this year. I'm already really good at being so so. So.... I'm not going to try to be better.

I'm not going to care anymore than I already do. If you care too much you worry. I don't want to worry.

I'm not going to improve my fitness level. I don't really have a fitness level so what's to improve?

I'm not going to save, make or give away more money. I'm going to continue with what I'm doing...earning and spending. It's what everybody does anyway. Saving is a bonus and a nice surprise when it happens. I like surprises!

So, here's to a New Year. A year of being ok with who and what I already am!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is the first year since I've known you, that you have no plan.

No plan!!!

Yo have now replaced JoAnne as my hero.

Mika Ryan said...

Love it, in fact I'm going to embrace it....this could totally change my world.