Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Go back.....way back......




I was doing a little channel surfing while waiting for my oven to preheat and stopped on Oprah for a moment. I used to watch her quite alot and haven't in a while due to time, kids, and the fact that I would rather read, but today I ended up turning off the oven to watch the whole show.


She had Dr Brian Wiess on today. Brian Wiess MD is a graduate of Columbia University and Yale Medical School and is Chairman Emeritus of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami. Dr. Weiss is a psychiatrist whose specialty is past life regression therapy. Yup, he hypnotises you and takes you back to past lives......past lives your "soul" has lived before.
It was facinating.
I've read alot lately about the metaphysical world and reincarnation and this is how I see it.
Our physical bodies are just "vessels" for our souls. Our souls basically "use" our bodies to learn or perhaps teach others a lesson (apparantly the wise old souls come back to do some teaching) Once this particular lesson or lessons are learned, our physical bodies die and the soul leaves the physical body it was in to reincarnate in another physical being.
His own words probably explain it better.....

"I think everybody reincarnates because we have many lessons to learn, lessons about love, compassion, charity, nonviolence, inner peace, patience, etc. It would be hard to learn them all in only one life. Also, some people come back voluntarily to help others. " Dr Brian Weiss
Well, we can only hope this is so. Little Jake's tragic death a year ago only means that his soul has moved on and we all will meet him again in some other life. His physical life and his death taught us all so much about love, life, compassion, patience etc. Jake must be a wise old soul.

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

I totally relate, as I have several distict memories of what I think must have been past lives. However, unlike most people, I was not cleopatra - just normal, everyday people.