Sunday, February 17, 2008

Slippery Slope to Sweats and Greasy Hair

I'm sooo confused! As I mentioned before I'm a telehealth nurse....I provide medical advise and info over the phone. Right now I work downtown, on the 5th floor overlooking the river valley. It's bright and aery and across the street from a Starbucks. Need I say more!
We've been notified that a new pilot project is starting in a couple of weeks.....the chance to work from home.
No parking issues or should I say parking tickets issued.
No commute in a snow storm, no worries that after 8 hrs parked outside the car won't start. BUT......
This could be dangerous ...... Could this be me.....
I see myself now......rolling out of bed onto the floor where I crawl to the office in my basement.
It's cool in the basement so I wrap an old blanket I find in the laundry room around my shoulders.....8 hrs later my children knock tentatively on the door .....I open it and they cringe at both the sight and smell of mommy ......my greasey hair with dark roots about 3 inches long, coffee stained sweats, I'm carrying dirty dishes and empty beer cans out of my office, I squint at the natural light coming down the stairs from the kitchen above.
Alright, I'm sure it won't be that bad but do I want to do the "work from home" thing?
I don't mind getting out of my Lu Lu Lemon sweats and jeans to don the office casual garb.
I don't mind dropping my kids off at school and stopping at my Starbucks as I head into the office.
I have some nice shoes and skirts that I only wear to work....I want a reason to buy more!
I hate having to go to work in a snowstorm.
I don't like the commute...wasting gas/global warming and all that.
Argh!

4 comments:

Mika Ryan said...

Hmmm, I go to the office and still manage to come home and live in sweats and appliqued sweaters.
I would love to work from home.....I think.

Mika Ryan said...

Tag, your it. You'll have to go to my blog to see what is required.

Anonymous said...

The down side of working at home is that it's always there. Sometimes it's hard to know where work ends and life begins. There are lots of ups to it though. Why don't you try it and set some rules like... at 10:15 I will take a break and go outside and talk with the next door neighbour. I'm sure you can think of some rules that will make you love being at home.

Anonymous said...

Hello


Sometimes I get lucky, finding a http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE ecommerce website was a life changer for me. After I used it for one month I earn $100.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net 100% free service is all you need to make money on the internet.