Friday, December 28, 2007

Aye Carumba!!!!

I don't have a drinking problem and have never really needed a stiff drink until today.
Today I handed my children over to a 15 yr old with bad acne and a nose ring and gave her the responsibility of keeping them safe while they careened down a steep hill on a small surf board........while I watched.
Aye Carumba!!!! Talk about stress!!!
First of all I think I made a mistake in raising polite, well mannered kids. I should have raised squeeky wheels. They're always last ( the pushy ones always butt ahead), they're not demanding ( pick me, pick me), and don't demand the attention and help they need and deserve....so......they're last to go and they're always on their own while the instructor is helping someone else.
I'm watching the instructor slowly guide kids down the hill while Nathan's careening down doing 360's ( supposedly fun according to him....not fun to watch, helplessly from the chalet) and Claire's still at the top of the hill " waiting" her turn. When it's Claire's turn, the instructor's too far down the hill to help her so she signals her to " just come down"! Bless her heart she just starts a goin' and spends most of it on her butt.
They started off on the "bunny" hill and by lunchtime I was feeling better as it seemed they got the hang of things.
After lunch I was scanning and scanning the bunny hill for my kids when alas there they were lining up for the chair lift to go to the top of the BIG hill.
Nathan came down doing spins the whole way.....spins on his board.....like a figure skater. He thought it was fun.
Claire, ever so conscientious of keeping everyone waiting, skidded down the hill on her butt, finally just taking the damn straps off and pushing herself down like she was on a skateboard. I wanted to yell " They can just damn well wait for you Claire! Take your proper turn! Don't worry about those kids who butt in front of you!!!"
All in all, they said they had a blast. Want to go to their lessons again tomorrow.
Kevin will have to take them.
I'll be too hung over.

No comments: