Wednesday, May 23, 2007

La La Land

Well, this wouldn't be my blog if I didn't write something about my dreams. No, I don't mean my hopes and dreams- I mean dream dreams, the kind you have when you're sleeping. I'm what some call "The Dream Master"!!
I dream EVERY night usually several dreams per night.
My dreams are like motion pictures / in color/ stereo sound/ ....a plot, a beginning, middle and end. There's usually some conflict or dilemma (with me usually the hero) solving said conflict (or waking myself up!).
Sometimes I'm not even in my dream...I'm just an observer...I lurk around "watching" my dream but am not in it in any way shape or form. " I'm just watching the show, don't mind me!"
Just the other night my dream was like a " Murder She Wrote" mystery. There was a little old lady, there was some type of mystery and there was alot of solving to do. Although I wasn't a character in my dream, I was trying to solve the mystery not unlike you do when you watch a murder mystery movie or read a book !! I wasn't "in" my dream and I really didn't know what was going to happen next....it was so exciting!!!
I'm a bit of a musician and once composed an entire symphony ( in my dream). I conducted it too....I knew what I was doing, knew where the oboes/french horns and trumpets sat in the orchestra pit. It was a really moving and beautiful piece....lost forever in la la land.
I do have a recurring theme in alot of my dreams. Almost everynight one of my dreams will involve some type of building with many rooms to explore. Usually the building is my home or a home I'm moving into or a previous home that I'm revisiting... ( but WAY different than the actual home, you know how dreams are.....it was my house but it wasn't my house type of thing). In the dream I'm usually wandering the house discovering rooms ...beautiful rooms.... hidden in some corner of the basement will be this little door, I'll open it and voila a beautiful room with a fireplace and a grand piano. I'll be like "Huh?, I vaguely remember this but I do remember a little room upstairs" and off my dream takes me up these stairs to another door and voila... a room with windows galore and plants and window seats with colorful pillows...etc etc.
I'm sure we all experience heightened emotions in dreams. You know , where just a little touch of the hand has you panting and all quiverry !! My emotions are "explosive" in my dreams. I avoid conflict at all costs in my waking life but in my dreams I'm physically violent. I've beaten my husband. I punch, slap, kick with every ounce of strenght and it still doesn't seem hard enough! I've never cried so hard as in my dreams.....gut wrenching sobs that rip out of my body in waves....laughter that actually wakes me up because I'm making some kind of strangling noises!!
I'm a horrible mother in my dreams. I have forgotten to feed my infant daughter for about 4 days because I can't find her...I can hear her, but I can't find her.
I'm a horrible nurse in my dreams. I had a trauma quadripalegic patient, newly admitted, requiring ventilation. It was 6 hrs before I actually assessed him because I spent 6 hrs looking for a pen! (I had this dream the night before returning back to Spinal Cord ICU after a 9 month maternity leave.....do ya think I was a little nervous about going back to work?!)
I fly about once a month. I do the breaststroke. Not the most graceful Peter Pan type of flight...legs frog kicking, arms flailing about, but it gets me where I'm going and feels GREAT!
I run alot....running, as we all know is very hard in dreams.....try this.....go backwards! I discovered this in a running dream....I was in a marathon or something and of course had that heavy feet like running in deep water feeling and for some reason I turned around and started running backwards! EASY!
I don't know what it is and why I have such amazing vivid dreams but I LOVE it! I go to sleep everynight anticipating what my dreams will be. If I wrote them all down I'd have a library! I remember at least parts of one dream per night. I know I have way more than that. I'm so lucky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hung up right after "Just the other night"....