Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wine expert

I wanted to title this entry " Wine Conissuer" but as you can see I can't spell connissuer (argh!).
I had two couple over for dinner last night. We consumed about 6 bottles of wine. Wine that I bought on sale. I'm no wine connis..(expert) you see. I knew we all liked red wine and I knew my neighborhood liquor store was having a sale. I bought a case of beer, and about 8 bottles of wine for under $100!! I bought wines with really neat lables and names. Fish Eye, Wally's Hut, Painted Turtle, Jacob's Creek. "These are cool" I thought. Well now I know what the "conniseurs" know - that if you have a Painted Turtle with a fish eye in Wally's Hut you'll feel like you drank from Jacob's Creek after someone peed in it!!!
Ugh!

1 comment:

Jeebz said...

The accuracy of your statement regarding the fine product of viniculture is supported by my personal experiences. Some of my favourite wines come from a small cottage winery in Summerland BC, and following the converse of your assessment of wine and/or winery names and the quality of said wines, "Dirty Laundry" should and does produce wines of exceptional quality. The name however, would tend to leave the less knowledgable wine connoisseur wretching and belching in his Baby Duck.

Cordially,
John B. Jones
aka J.B., Jeeber, Jeebz, you-knob, hey...guy